As summer comes to an end, we want to take the time to express our gratitude to all our patients who have come in over the last few months. We have enjoyed seeing each of you. Also, we wanted to take this opportunity to update our patients on our response to COVID-19.
We have been operating since May with guidance from the CDC, Texas State Dental Board, Texas Dental Association, American Dental Association, Occupational Safety and Health Administration, and Governor Abbott’s COVID-19 Task Force. We follow the activities of these agencies so that we are up-to-date on any new rulings or guidance that may be issued. We do this to make sure that our infection control procedures are current and adhere to each agencies’ recommendations.
Infection control continues to be a top priority for our practice and you may have seen this during past visits to our office. Our infection control processes are made so that when you receive care, it’s both safe and comfortable.
You will see some changes when it is time for your next appointment. We have taken the following steps to help protect our patients and staff. For example:
- When you schedule your appointment, you will be asked some screening questions. You’ll be asked those same questions again when you arrive in the office.
- We will be taking extra time between appointments to sanitize and ventilate each room.
- Upon arrival for your appointment, stay in your car and call 972-964-7500. A team member will come out to escort you inside.
- Face Masks are required when entering the building and can be removed once seated in the treatment room.
- We ask that only the scheduled patient come inside unless assistance is needed. All other companions are asked to remain in the car.
- We will ask you to use our hand sanitizer when you enter the office, and a forehead temperature will be taken. If it is 100.4 degrees or above, you will be asked to reschedule the appointment.
- We have eliminated the use of our reception area.
- Our Clinical Staff will be wearing additional Personal Protective Equipment, or PPE, as recommended by the CDC and OSHA
- We are implementing new air filtering systems.
- To encourage social distancing, we have a separate entrance and exit door. We are also only using four of our eight treatment rooms.
We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep you, and every patient, safe in our practice. To make an appointment, please call our office at 972-964-7500 or stay up-to-date using our website and/or Facebook page.
Thank you for being our patient. We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to continuing to welcome back our patients, neighbors, and friends.
-Your WestPark Dental Team
Please Contact our office with questions about scheduling your next appointment. We are looking forward to seeing you soon!