To Our Patients,
Thank you for continuing to be a loyal patient of WestPark Dental. Due to new guidelines for dental offices that require spacing between appointments, we are cancelling all existing appointments from March 24 to August 31. A member of our team will be contacting everyone who held those appointments as soon as possible to get you rescheduled. We plan to begin seeing patients on a restricted basis starting Wednesday, May 6.
Infection control has always been a top priority for our practice and you may have seen this during your visits to our office. Our infection control processes are made so that when you receive care, it’s both safe and comfortable. We want to tell you about the infection control procedures we follow in our practice to keep patients and staff safe. While our office has been closed, our doctors and team have invested a significant amount of time becoming up-to-date with the latest infection control guidelines.
Our office follows infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). We follow the activities of these agencies so that we are up-to-date on any new rulings or guidance that may be issued. We do this to make sure that our infection control procedures are current and adhere to each agencies’ recommendations.
You may see some changes when it is time for your next appointment. We made these changes to help protect our patients and staff. For example:
- Our office will communicate with you beforehand to ask some screening questions. You’ll be asked those same questions again when you are in the office.
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients. That might mean that you’re offered fewer options for scheduling your appointment.
- We will ask you to stay in your car when you arrive for your appointment. Upon arrival, call or text us that you have arrived and we will communicate with you when we are ready for you to come inside.
- In an effort to comply with social distancing rules, we ask that only the scheduled patient come inside unless assistance is needed. All other companions are asked to remain in the car.
- We have hand sanitizer that we will ask you to use when you enter the office, and a forehead temperature will be taken. If it is 100.4 degrees or above, you will be asked to reschedule your appointment.
- You may see that our waiting room will no longer offer magazines, children’s toys and so forth since those items are difficult to clean and disinfect.
- Our Clinical Staff will be wearing additional Personal Protective Equipment, or PPE, as recommended by the CDC and OSHA
- We will do our best to allow greater time between patients to reduce waiting times for you, as well as eliminate the use of our reception room.
Please Contact our office with questions about scheduling your next appointment. We are looking forward to seeing you soon!